Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome Mat


OK. So by some means or another you have found us.

Or we found you.

Regardless something happened yea?

I thought about starting the blog with some big wordy history of how this whole thing got started and who we are and such...

But let's just keep it simple. Short story is I (Brad, the one on the right) enthuse by various means: Art, cycling, motor bikes, skateboarding, snowboarding, etc, etc. My friend up there Jon (he's on the left dig?) also falls within many of the same outlets. We tend to plan out/meet/start and or end these adventures over coffee. You could say we are well caffeinated. Seemed all our friends in crime are too. Long back in 96 sitting over coffee, I sorta joked we were all associated by wheels and caffeine. Being visually oriented as I am, that came out on paper as a logo.

So from that point on in the manner of all secret underground societies, we have set out to conquer the world. One cup of coffee at a time. If you're here, you might just feel the same way.

This is all very serious and I think I should probably come up with some sort of manifesto and secret handshake. Because we are most certainly mogul types. All, "old-money, quite right, unleash the hounds" style. We'll send a memo.

Ride, live, love, and caffeinate hard my friends. You are in good company.

Brad
-Grand Poobah in charge of Marketing and Global Recruitment-

8 comments:

Felkerino said...

Excellent blog, Brad. Keep up the good work. I've linked to you at my blog, The Daily Randonneur. Randonneuring and caffeine are so tightly intertwined that I can't tell which came first.

Anyway, where do I send money for the pins?

Thanks,
Ed

Rat Trap Press said...

I was wondering how this all came about. I picked up one of your pins from Jon. Great design. I'll add a link to your blog. Good luck!

Myles

katina said...

hmm, I don't think I like the phrase "Grand Poopah". It sounds like you are the master of pooping. So I'm changing it to Grand Poobah instead.

Lindsey said...

How does one get a pin?

Lindsey said...

Let us all know, please! :D

Mark said...

I love your site! First became aware of it through Momentum Magazine. Could you please tell me how I can acquire one of your pins? Thanks!

John Johnston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Johnston said...

Count me in - Bicycles and coffee, a brilliant combination!

(Sorry for the deleted comment above - I can't seem to spell this morning. I attribute this to a serious caffeine deficiency which I am about to rectify.)